For users of drop handlebars on fast stopping touring bikes, many will have these levers installed. Not because they are particularly good or comfortable, but more through a lack of options.
The lever blades do have a nice natural shape, however I find the lever body to be a bit slim compared to what I feel is most comfortable.
To read more about brakes and touring bikes, read our resource HERE.
– Perfect road bike lever for use with v-brakes or disc brakes
– Quite a comfortable shape and certainly the best shape out of all drop v-levers – although the shape could be refined
– Neat adjuster on the lever makes it easier to undo brake cables
The why not:
– The rubber grip splits after a years use (heavy usage)
– Slightly narrower design than most other levers (and in my opinion less comfortable)
– Tektro RL520
– Dia-Compe 287