We visited Supernova when we passed through Germany and were super impressed with the whole line of production, everything from the company philosophy, to the product design, to the workmanship. We believe that Supernova make the best dynamo lighting systems around (especially the E3 Pro2 asymmetrical lamp), and if you do ever run into a problem, you will be helped out by the friendly staff anywhere in the world. Great peace of mind.
– A super bright wide beam (asymmetrical front lamp) which is perfect for bicycle touring, day and night
– Small, yet incredibly bright rear lamp (brightest we've owned)
– Beautifully made and come in nice colours!
– 100% waterproof (it literally works submerged under water)
– Five minute stand light
– Great customer service
– Super quick warranty replacements!
The why not:
– Quite a pricey unit
– We managed to get water in our older model which rusted up our internals, however it was replaced within days (and we were in Azerbaijan!)
– We used the E3 Triple lamp but found the beam to be too narrow to be any use for bicycle touring
$210 USD (E3 Pro2 Lamp) and $60 USD (E3 Tail light 2)
– Schmidt Edelux