Table of Contents
Tubus racks are beautifully made, relatively lightweight yet durable and come with a great warranty. We believe you’re crazy choosing any other brand for your rear rack. The Cargo is one of the oldest models and comes in two sizes (26″ or 700c).
– Tubus are the racks to beat in the rear rack world, and are also one of the only rack companies we would recommend for bicycle touring – 9/10 long distance bicycle tourers will agree.
– It uses steel tubing, yet is as light as any aluminium rack
– Almost unbreakable
– Lovely high quality bolts and fittings
– Great warranty replacement program
– Perfect rack to use in conjunction with the Ortlieb Rackpack bags
The why not:
– After a lot of use, the steel tubing rusts on wear patches
– The black beams that connect the top of the rack to your frame will discolour over time (to orange!)
The Difference between the Tubus Cargo and Logo
This is a commonly asked question for CyclingAbout, as these racks are the same price with the same carrying capacity!
We recommend the Cargo if:
– You want to use an Ortlieb Rackpack bag over your rear panniers (larger surface area on the top)
– You want slightly more ground clearance for your bags (off-road touring)
– Your upper seatstay bolts are particularly wide set (the Cargo is a much better fit for frames with this characteristic)
We recommend the Logo if:
– You need additional heel clearance (for people with big feet or short chainstays on their frame)
– You want to strap goods onto the top of your rack (as panniers can be taken off while things are strapped to the top)
– You want a lower centre of gravity (the panniers sit low on the Logo, great for road touring)
For more information on racks
Click HERE for all of our rack tips!
– Tubus Logo
– Tubus Cosmo (lighter, and made from stainless steel for those afraid of rust)
– Surly Nice rack